Amanda is driven by design’s power to transform experience and empower communities in urban centers, the workplace, and academia. Her passion for libraries has led to award-winning renovations for the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Knoxville and a reimagining of the Cincinnati Public Library, Deer Park Next Generation Library. Her passion for equitable development has guided her community-centered approach to Bridging the Gap’s 5th & Dinwiddie, a mixed-use, Passive House project in Pittsburgh’s Uptown neighborhood. A great communicator who facilitates productive discussions among multiple project stakeholders, Amanda’s desire to connect everyone to good design has led her to become a leader in the American Institute of Architects Blueprint for Better Communities (B4B) initiative. At home, Amanda treats her kitchen like a second design studio, where she brings same joy and curiosity to cooking that she brings to her work.
• Board of Directors, Union Project Board
• Board of Directors & Blueprint for Better Champion, AIA Pittsburgh
• Co-Presenter, Flexible Design for the Small Modern Library, PaLA 2020 Virtual Conference
• Co-Presenter, Blueprint for Better Pittsburgh, Greater Pittsburgh Non-Profit Summit
• Panelist, 5th & Dinwiddie, Forbes Funds Sustainable Developers & Investors Roundtable