About Next Gen
Next Gen is a cohort-model professional development program for undergraduate students interested in a career in building efficiency. To learn more about the program, visit our program information page. You can find the application further down on the page.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the program, you must be:
- A currently enrolled undergraduate student at an accredited institution in North America
- Pursuing a course of study related to building efficiency (architecture, engineering, sustainability, etc.)
- Able to commit to the full 5-month program which requires no more than 4 hours a month (with the exception of attending the 2021 Getting to Zero Forum in October)
What does the program look like?
The Next Gen program will run from June to November, with a month-long break in August. The program seeks to benefit students through five different avenues: education, mentorship, networking, professional development, and cohort building.
- Students will follow an ASHRAE curriculum and meet monthly for discussion groups facilitated by industry experts.
- Students will attend the 2021 Getting to Zero Forum and have access to a multitude of breakout sessions, in-depth workshops, and impactful keynotes and plenaries.
- Students will meet regularly with a mentor aligned with their professional aspirations to discussion professional development and new developments in their sector of the industry.
- Students will have the opportunity to write a blog for the Getting to Zero Forum website.
- Students will have the opportunity to present a poster at the 2021 Getting to Zero Forum.
- Students will participate in a special networking activity at the 2021 Getting to Zero Forum.
- Students will connect with 4,000 industry professionals who comprise NBI’s “Influencer Network.”
- Students will develop a peer-support network with their cohort members from all around the country.
Contact Leada Fuller-Marashi at [email protected]
Next Gen Application