The Next Gen program is a professional development program for undergraduate students designed to bolster inclusivity in the buildings industry. You can learn more about Next Gen on the program information page.
By supporting the Next Gen program, you can:
- Help promote diversity in the built environment sector
- Bolster your company’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and programs
- Connect to a potential pipeline of diverse students for your internship and job recruitment efforts
- Provide structured mentorship opportunities for senior staff
- Boost student participation in the Getting to Zero Forum, the premier event dedicated to zero energy and zero carbon buildings
You can support a student’s full experience in the program by providing a $3,800 donation, or support multiple students’ scholarships if your budget allows. If you are interested in sponsoring students or supporting the program more broadly, please contact Meghan Humphreys at [email protected].
One of the key elements of the Next Gen program is one-on-one mentorship. Each student will be matched with an industry leader aligned with their professional interests and aspirations. The relationship between the student and mentor should be reciprocal, students will benefit from industry expertise, career advice, and networking, while mentors will benefit from the opportunity to pass on their knowledge and cultivate the next generation of climate leadership.
We are currently recruiting mentors. If you are interested in the opportunity to participate in the program as a mentor, please complete the application below. If you have questions about participating as a mentor, email Leada Fuller-Marashi at [email protected].