The Next Gen program is a professional development program for undergraduate students designed to bolster inclusivity in the buildings industry. You can learn more about Next Gen on the program information page.
By supporting the Next Gen program, you can:
- Help promote diversity in the built environment sector
- Bolster your company’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and programs
- Connect to a potential pipeline of diverse students for your internship and job recruitment efforts
- Provide structured mentorship opportunities for senior staff
- Boost student participation in the Getting to Zero Forum, the premier event dedicated to zero energy and zero carbon buildings
You can support a student’s full experience in the program by providing a $4,000 donation, or support multiple students’ scholarships if your budget allows. If you are interested in sponsoring students or supporting the program more broadly, please contact Meghan Humphreys at [email protected].
One of the key elements of the Next Gen program is one-on-one mentorship. We are no longer recruiting mentors for the 2021 Cohort. If you are interested in participating as a mentor in the future, please email Leada Fuller-Marashi at [email protected].
Our 2021 cohort of mentors join us from Steven Winter Associates, BRIC Architecture, Slipstream, the Colorado Public Utilities Commission, Legrand, Brightworks, Perkins Eastman, University of Virginia, the City College of New York and the Environmental Protection Agency, Energy Shrink, Point Energy Innovations, VMDO, and Grimm + Parker.