Carbon emissions from buildings are 39% of the problem. You are 100% of the solution.
Getting to Zero aims to accelerate action by state and local governments and building industry professionals to create a clean energy future for the built environment. We envision a transformed built environment that is carbon-free, sustainable, and energy efficient and supports thriving economies that benefit all people and the planet .
Getting to Zero amplifies the work of people and organizations that are accelerating and broadening efforts to deliver decarbonized buildings at scale, and helping policymakers achieve ambitious climate commitments related to the built environment. Efforts cover both residential and commercial sectors for new and existing buildings and engages leading policy makers, designers, building owners, systems manufacturers, and commercial real estate professionals to overcome the remaining barriers to net zero buildings the norm.
Getting to Zero Forum
The Getting to Zero Forum is the premier event dedicated to building decarbonization. With a growing number of climate emergencies across the United States and around the world, there is no more important time than now for the Getting to Zero Forum. The event brings together the world’s leading experts to share best practice approaches to reducing energy demand and decarbonization related to policy, program, and projects. It is the only event with a broad cross-section of stakeholders focused on ambitious building efficiency goals and is an ideal venue for organizing both the policy and building communities to achieve zero carbon ambitions.
The next Forum will take place May 10-12, 2023, and will be live in Minneapolis and virtual. It is expected to attract more than 500 leading policy makers, designers, building owners, systems manufacturers, and commercial real estate professionals to share best practices and collaborate on opportunities for zero energy and zero carbon to transform the built environment.
365 Education & Resources
The Getting to Zero platform provides ongoing opportunities for advanced learning, knowledge sharing, recognition to facilitate the development and dissemination of actionable solutions. We bolster market capability to deliver on building decarbonization goals by sparking collaborations, supporting local action, providing education, and curating collections of resources including guides, policy models, studies, and technical advice on how to achieve zero energy and carbon neutral goals.
- Read about the cutting edge design projects completed by our Leaders Circle members.
- Connect in your community with the Local Net Zero list of organizations working across the country.
- Increase your knowledge of crucial industry topics with our Education Modules and our Webinar Series
- Learn about our workforce development initiative, the Next Gen Professional Development program.
- Access guides and tools in the Getting to Zero Resource Hub
- Check out the Getting to Zero blog which features news, industry thought leadership, project spotlights
- Attend the Getting to Zero Forum, the premier event dedicated to building decarbonization.