What is Next Gen?
Next Gen is a professional development program of New Buildings Institute for college students, designed to to foster the next generation of diverse buildings industry leaders, and in doing so, bolster inclusivity in the buildings industry at large.
How to get involved
By supporting the Next Gen program, you can:
- Help promote diversity in the built environment sector
- Bolster your company’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and programs
- Connect to a potential pipeline of diverse students for your internship and job recruitment efforts
- Provide structured mentorship opportunities for senior staff
- Boost student participation in the Getting to Zero Forum, the premier event dedicated to zero energy and zero carbon buildings
If you are interested in sponsoring students or supporting the program more broadly, please contact Meghan Humphreys at [email protected].
One of the key elements of the Next Gen program is one-on-one mentorship. Each student will be matched with an industry leader aligned with their professional interests and aspirations. The relationship between the student and mentor should be reciprocal, students will benefit from industry expertise, career advice, and networking, while mentors will benefit from the opportunity to pass on their knowledge and cultivate the next generation of climate leadership.
We will be actively recruiting mentors in early 2021. If you are interested in the opportunity to participate in the program as a mentor, please email Leada Fuller-Marashi at [email protected].
Interested in learning more?
Email Leada Fuller-Marashi at [email protected].