The conversation around zero energy (ZE) buildings is evolving with many different terms emerging to describe these recent developments. To support consistent and clear communications, New Buildings Institute (NBI) has developed a number of factsheets that early adopters and advocates can use to support information sharing on ZE. These toolkit items were developed by NBI and Resource Media and represent the foundational pieces of the ZE Communications Toolkit.
Factsheets provide broad information about ZNE and audience-specific content including:
- ZNE Frequently Asked Questions—Answers to the top questions about ZNE.
- ZNE Vocabulary—A guide to ZNE terminology and related terms.
- Resources for More Information—Books, studies, case studies and website that offer details.
- ZNE Design Fundamentals—The basics on the integrated process and technology application for ZNE design.
- ZNE for Architecture & Engineering—Why architects and engineers should be focused on building capability to design for ZNE in the future.
- ZNE for Building Owners & Operators—The value of ZNE building to owners and needs for operators.
- ZNE for Policymakers & Local Governments—Reasons for local governments to pursue ZNE policies and lead by example with public buildings.
- ZNE for Schools & Public Buildings—Describing the potential for schools and public buildings to serve as local examples of the feasibility of ZNE performance.