The conversation around zero energy (ZE) buildings is evolving with many different terms emerging to describe these recent developments. To support consistent and clear communications, New Buildings Institute (NBI) has developed a number of factsheets that early adopters and advocates can use to support information sharing on ZE. These toolkit items were developed by NBI and Resource Media and represent the foundational pieces of the Getting to Zero Communications Toolkit.
- ZE Frequently Asked Questions—Answers to the top questions about zero energy.
- ZE Terminology—A guide to zero energy terminology and related terms.
- ZE for Developers and CRE Professionals—Learn why ZE can be a profit center for development projects.
- ZE Design Fundamentals—The basics on the integrated process and technology application for ZE design.
- ZE for Architecture & Engineering—Why architects and engineers should be focused on building capability to design for ZE in the future.
- ZE for Building Owners & Operators—The value of ZE building to owners and needs for operators.
- ZE for Policymakers & Local Governments—Reasons for local governments to pursue ZE policies and lead by example with public buildings.
- ZE for Schools & Public Buildings—Describing the potential for schools and public buildings to serve as local examples of the feasibility of ZE performance